Friday, May 13, 2011

Visit

Today we go to the wedding destination.  We'll talk to someone at the rehearsal dinner location as well as check out a couple of hotels to block rooms.  I don't really know what is the correct protocol, but because both families will be "out of town" and have their own particular needs, I think we are making separate arrangements, but keeping each other informed.  And because most guests will be out of town, I will make the guest bags for my guests.   I know that usually the Bride is responsible for both, but I feel this is definitely appropriate due to circumstances.  I told the Groom to tell the Bride that I will make the guest bags for our side.  (Hopefully he did--he wants me to go through him, right now, I think to ease the stress of planning for her.)

And I LOVE to plan and make party favors/guest bags.  I have no idea why, but it is such fun to me.  So I do not mind at all!!!  I found the cutest palm leaf bag that I hope will work out for me to get.  I haven't tried to order them, yet.  Because the wedding is on the coast, I thought those would be good.  It isn't a tropical wedding, so I won't go that far.  I will sort of be all over the map with this because there are so many cute things that fit a guest bag, and that are representative of him.   Hopefully I will pare down as the comes time to actually get the items.

A friend took me out for a belated birthday lunch yesterday and gave me this cute catch-all  pouch.  This is so much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment