Monday, May 9, 2011

Rehearsal Dinner

I am feeling a little better today.  After talking to a couple of people about numbers at their rehearsal dinners, I decided on a number.  Big step!!  The Groom seems happy about it.  I was stressing, basically, because I was thinking I needed to fill the room we like (in case of rain) to its capacity which is 140 , more than half of the invited guests to the wedding.   They really want it outside, so we could invite as many as we wanted, really.  There is a bigger room we could use if the weather doesn't cooperate if we decided on more Then, with the help of the Girl Child, I realized that the rehearsal dinner could be a party for all invited to the wedding (especially since it is essentially a destination wedding for most everyone but the Bride and Groom), but that it also could be a night for a more intimate celebration.  I decided the more intimate celebration was what they might enjoy more.

Decorating is another issue. They really want it to be casual.  I can do casual.  But they want it REALLY casual.  I am making a couple of concessions, but I will still make it look as cute as I can, in as as casual a way as I can.  We decided on a BBQ menu since the reception will be close to a low country boil.  So I will opt for the paper plates even though I would prefer the china.  I won't have flowers, but I will use lanterns.  I still want tablecloths and toppers.  The pictures have to look nice, after all!  I won't have assigned tables, but I will reserve some for the family.  And I WILL have party favors.

No comments:

Post a Comment