We saw the couple this weekend as a combination scheduled visit "before the engagement" and "we need to look at hotels and venues". The wedding weekend will be a causal one---all outside unless it rains. The venue for the rehearsal dinner is an historical site, so it will be an interesting place. The lantern idea is a definite "Go", with the plan of borrowing some so that it will look more casual and not so put together. I will use a combination of black and white paisley and black and white checked table toppers, with a little red thrown in. I'm planning to use galvanized trays to pass out cocktails upon arrival---Firefly in lemonade---and they will be served in small mason-type jars with straws. We decided, for now, to have just beer and wine, but with margaritas. I am happy to have a full bar, but the Groom feels that most will drink the beer and wine. A friend told me that if liquor is served, that is probably what they will drink. I'm going to ask around a little more to get a poll.
Because the venue is an historical site, we are not allowed to use stakes or tape or nails. I really like little white lights (as does the Bride) so we brainstormed ideas to get them. I had recently seen some solar powered market umbrellas that have little lights on the ribs of the umbrella. Hurray! Little white lights! I have 3 of the umbrellas now and will go for a 4rth. I think that will add to the ambiance of outside.
Looking for a hotel to recommend is more stressful than I thought. I want it to be a nice hotel, but affordable. The wedding is in a tourist town, so that is harder than you may think. We did find one in a great location, but the rooms are just ordinary, but the price is pretty good for the location. We will check with 1 more from home before making our final decision. And we feel that offering group transportation might be a good idea so we are looking into that, as well, I don't think we can do it for all guests, but parking is minimal at the reception.
No comments:
Post a Comment