I think that one of the first things that sets the tone for the wedding for your out of town guest is the guest bag. More than likely your guests will check into the hotel before heading out to any of the events. So, for me, it is an important component in the whole weekend. If possible, I like to have them in the room waiting. But in reality, that probably won't happen, especially if your wedding is in a busy place.
I like to have something in the guest bags that they can take home with them. In these, the guest bag committee had 2 small stemless wine glasses and a pukka shell bracelet. The actual palm leaf bag can be used again, as well. There was a little personalized pack of tissue, which I wish I had taken to the wedding!
As a nod to the city where the wedding took place, we put a gift card to the local brewery that the group placed on a printed card and put inside a printed envelope, making it not only more visible, but more attractive. Two personalized water bottles, 2 small wine bottles, nuts, mints and 2 snack bags and an information card with directions to the wedding and suggested activities were also included. Everything was all tied up in a cellophane bag with water colored scrunchy stuffing in the bottom, and then tied with raffia and a beautiful hang tag to finish it off. The palm leaf bag had a hand painted embellishment and the shell motif was used throughout, as well. The group who put it together did a fantastic job and I heard rave reviews about how wonderful they were!


No comments:
Post a Comment