Well! I have been baptized into the shopping for the MOG dress. Luckily a friend took me and knew the ropes and listened to me as I tried to explain to the ladies in the shops what I thought I was looking for. I had already spent hours looking on line (for my daughter and me), sending back everything I had ordered, for one reason or another. We checked a couple of places that had great things but not what I thought I needed. With the wedding at a casual venue, and the groom not wearing a suit or even a jacket, I feel I need to dress accordingly, while still wanting to be a little dressier than a guest might be. Even though the MOB will be wearing a sari, I don't think I should wear something equally as dressy. The couple will be married on a dock at sunset. Sunset (6:00 p.m.), dressy. Dock, not. I have 2 more opportunities to buy dressy, I think, I hope. The MOB wearing a sari is what makes her feel special at her daughter's wedding. So the search was stressful because I didn't really know what I was looking for, and because it was such an important purchase.
But I think I found it. It actually is a bridesmaid dress but it has never been sold as such....at that store, at lease. It is simple, but has personality. The fabric is chiffon-ish, which surprised me that I liked it. I can have a little shawl made for it from the same fabric, and I am going to have a little embellishment made for it, as well. I have sent pictures to the Bride-to-Be and she really likes it and feels it fits into what she was envisioning for the wedding.
That's what I was looking for!

No comments:
Post a Comment