
My mother had the traditional cake topper when she married my dad. I feel so lucky to have it and to be able to hold on to that little bit of their wedding. I had fresh flowers on my cake. Very trendy in the 70's. Flowers are still a popular way to add color and style to a wedding cake, both fresh, fondant and sugar. Now, I wish I had had a topper that I could have preserved more easily.

The Bride and Groom -to-Be may opt out of a cake, having a dessert bar instead. But that doesn't stop me! I have found the cutest toppers to use as decoration at the rehearsal dinner. I don' t know if these would be appropriate for the type of wedding my daughter will have, but they are perfect for this occasion! I have ordered 3. This one is the first--- all 3 styles I ordered came from Etsy and they can be personalized as much as you want. Since I don't really know what the loving couple will wear, I just winged it based on previous conversations.
No comments:
Post a Comment