The date is set and the search has begun. The location for the reception has been booked but not the wedding sight and rehearsal dinner. Being 5 hours away from the location, it has fallen to the No. 1 Son to look for where we will celebrate with family and friends the night before. I really don't think he minds because this way he can have it where he feels suits his personality as well as his notion of how he wants to celebrate that night. He wants it to be very casual and at a venue on the water. The time will come when I hope he will give up some of the control to me so that I can move forward with the party that we give for the couple. Basically, I think he is afraid that I will make it too fancy. Tables and chairs would be nice. Maybe a table cloth. Flowers in the middle of the table. All appropriate to the venue. That doesn't sound too fussy, does it? He will want to choose his favorite beers and I will want to have a "signature" drink. He won't care if we use plastic forks and plates and I will want to make sure there are candles and flowers at the entrance. You can see where this is going.
I wonder if their dogs will be incorporated into the wedding......
No comments:
Post a Comment