Monday, April 25, 2011

Have Your Own Fun

Just because you have no control over much of anything regarding the wedding, doesn't mean you can't have your own fun while you are getting ready!  Let your friends have an engagement party, or if the wedding is small, a cocktail party including those you can't invite.  Frame yours and your parents' wedding photos in silver frames and put them on your piano or buffet.  You can find nice looking ones at Walmart.  Do you  have your cake topper?  Put it under a glass dome.  Frame your garter.  Have a local artist do a watercolor of the flowers you carried in your bouquet on your wedding invitation.  Buy all the cutsey wedding things at Party City or on line.  I have an engagement ring key ring and heart shaped sunglasses (my daughter can't believe I actually wear them). Just  because I'm  not having a wedding doesn't mean I'm not having a wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment