I started out writing about my son's wedding. Now that's over. But I will have 2 others to marry one day, and a grandchild is on the way. So, for now, I will write about whatever comes my way.
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Mother of the Groom
Start preparing your sons now about how to talk to you when the planning begins. Saying things like "I don't care what you think." just exacerbates all the emotion that is bubbling at the surface and makes you want to say things like "Well, who is paying for this event?!?!?". Thankfully, I didn't say it! It might have been the end to my involvement. Deep down inside I don't think he really doesn't care, but the No.1 son and I have butted heads since he was in 5th grade. We have grown into a much better relationship, mainly because he won't change, so I have. I grew up. I realized that keeping our relationship in a positive slant was more important than always being the Mother. It's hard to give up that role!! What truly makes it all worth while, though, is that he wants to do what the Bride wants. He is thinking of her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment