"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." Elizabeth Stone
I was telling a friend yesterday that I hadn't expected this lull in the activity of planning for the wedding. I know that all I have to do is the Rehearsal Dinner, and I should be reveling in the fact that I have a little break. I am sure that one reason is because the couple is 5 hours away, can't come but once for a party weekend, and are doing a lot of things on their own. The Rehearsal Dinner invitations will be ready in a couple of days, so I will enjoy getting them addressed and ready for mailing. The Bride-to Be should be bringing the wedding invitations at the end of the month for me (and any calligraphy student friends) to begin addressing, so I will be busy soon enough, I guess! Hmmmm....I think I've changed my mind. I like this lull, after all!
I AM getting things done at the house in preparation for the visit of the Bride-to-Be's parents. They aren't going to spend the night here, but I still want things to look better and actually work. I have put off doing the punch list that seems to be never-ending with owning a home. So their visit is the perfect reason to get some of them done.

No comments:
Post a Comment