Monday, July 18, 2011

Two More Margarita Mixes

The 2 mixes I am reporting on today are:

On the Border Margarita Light (I bought at Target) and Jose Cuervo Light Mix--no tequila included.

The verdict:  On the Border:  10 calories per 4 oz with 1 0z tequila is very sweet.
                      Jose Cuervo:  0 calories per 4 oz with 1 oz tequila is very tart.
Neither are all that good.

So far, I had rather drink a small Cuervo Light that comes with tequila  instead of the "barely any calories" mixes where you add tequila.   It would be 200 calories for 3 oz.


Found the following online:

Margaritas are one of the 10 most fattening cocktails, according to Forbes.com. If the drink is made with 4 oz. limeade, 4 oz. tequila and 1/3 oz. triple sec, it contains about 740 calories.

A Low-Calorie Alternative

To make a low-calorie margarita, HungryGirl.com suggests combining 1.5 oz. tequila, 3/4 cup no-calorie lemon-lime soda, 1 packet of sugar-free powdered lemonade drink mix and 2 tbsp. of lime juice. Pour over one cup of ice and garnish with a lime slice. Your drink will contain 115 calories.


I have put diet Sprite in the Jose Cuervo Light With Tequila and it is pretty good.  So you get more drink and less "buzz".  I will try the above HungryGirl and let you know how that tastes.

And speaking of margarita mixes, I found this little packaged mix at Party City that is a cute party favor:





No comments:

Post a Comment