Friday, July 15, 2011

Lady Antebellum

It's a quarter after 4, I had a margarita and a half, and I'm irritatingly awake now.



At 3:00 a.m., when we (I) realized that we accidentally closed The Baby  in one of the children's rooms, I asked my loving husband to remind me, sweetly, the next time I wanted a second margarita,  that one is all this little wuss can tolerate during the time it takes to eat dinner.  At 3:15, I was wide awake  with a queazy stomach.  OMG!  It was just 1 1/2 margaritas!  At 3:30 I knew I was awake for the night.  At 3:45 my mind was whirling about the "party season" for the Bridal Couple and the Bride -to Be's parents visiting.  At 4:00 I started obsessing, again,  about who I wasn't able to invite to the wedding.  At 4:15 I just got up. I know there is nothing I can do about my precious friends who I can't invite.  I have analyzed, strategized, rationalized and organized lists and lists. I have begged the No. 1 son to consider giving me more invitations.   Even though I can't say that I am happy with the final list, (that would be only if I could invite all I wanted to invite),  I can say that after thinking it through many times,  I am resigned to the list and feel it is the best I can do for this wedding and this child.  Everyone who I want to include but can't, really does understand, so I need to just move on.......for good!


Then I started obsessing  about how I could get everyone from LaGrange to the Rehearsal Dinner.  I don't think I can. We'll see if any family on the Bride's side or any of the Couple's friends are not able to attend and then I will revisit that idea.

This afternoon I worked a little on the party favors for the Rehearsal Dinner.  I decided I might have more room in the car if I don't totally put them together.  But if I do things, like put the little items it their decorative bags and tie the ribbons, that will save some time when i get there.  I will post pictures of them after the dinner.  Don't want to spoil the surprise---not that they will be up to the bridal magazine standards---but I do think they will be cute.

I didn't write about my little meltdown the other day.  Well, let me clarify.  I did write about it, posted it, and then deleted it:  The invitations to the Rehearsal Dinner came and I was so excited.  I opened the box, loved them, was excited that that they fit the No. 1 son so well, and then realized that I had forgotten to have the time of the dinner printed!!! When my loving husband walked in the door from work he could tell in an instant that something was wrong.  I have only 1 thing to be responsible for; I have been looking forward to planning it since he was born; and I forgot to put the time on the invitation!!!!!  ARGH!!!!!  After running through all the ways I could add it before mailing,  my sweet husband  suggested that I get in touch with the printer.  Duh.  I did, and my contact was upset that she didn't notice it either.  So they are being reprinted at a very reasonable cost---very worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment