Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Procrastinate? Not Me!

"Nothing is so strong as gentleness;  nothing so gentle as real strength."  St. Frances de Sales

I have cut the fabric for the table toppers that I plan to use at the rehearsal dinner and I will begin sewing the seams tomorrow.  Since I am starting so early, I will be able to do them leisurely, almost enjoying the process.  When my boys were babies, I learned how to smock.  I smocked and constructed each  son an outfit for each season.  The love of my life would walk in the door in fear and trepidation when he saw the sewing machine was up.  Sewing is not my forte', but sometimes it is just necessary!  I never smocked or constructed a dress for my daughter.......Doing this a little at a time will keep me enjoying the process without feeling stressed at the last minute.

I realize not everyone likes to do things early.  But I will go out on a limb and say that the sooner you can make some decisions and start to act on them, the more you will enjoy everything.  And when my daughter gets married, I hope to be able to have vendors do as much for me as possible----like decorate the venue so that I will for sure not break a nail!  But because the Groom -to-Be wants things as simple as possible, and lives so far away, there is really nothing to ask a professional to do other than cater.  I am happy to do the DIY projects like the toppers and ask friends and family to help set up at the venue. After all, I am just the MOG, blending in the background, trying not to offend anyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment