Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Gift From the Heart

The Bridal Couple is coming at the end of the month for a small shower where only those invited to the wedding are invited,  followed by a cocktail party introducing the Bride to friends, including some that  I am not able to place on my wedding guest list.  I had this great idea for hostess gifts and wrangled a couple of friends to help me.  I love the gifts.  But all of a sudden I am nervous that the hostesses won't!  They will appreciate the thought and effort, I know.  But because they are "from the heart" I am more nervous than I would be if I had chosen something else.  These ladies/couples who are giving the parties and helping with making the gift bags for out of town guests are so special to me. How lucky am I? And I wanted to express my appreciation through the gift.  Crossing my fingers that they like them!

Last night some of those ladies and I made a fun memory!
 A movie is being made in our little city and the stars have been spotted out and about--Kevin Bacon, Billy Bob Thornton and the guy who melted in one of the Terminator movies.   We were car-pooling for our Bridge night.  When Bridge was over and we reached the home where some of us met to ride together, one of the ladies jumped out quickly (she wasn't able to go) and the crazy driver started quickly down the driveway (one of the participants forgot what was happening and had her door open and leg ready to get out!!!!!).  Now, the reason she was driving fast was because the 2 of us in the way back of the car (one was the owner of the house where we were) didn't know the plan.  We were looking at each other saying: Do you know what's going on?  We were being "kidnapped" to go looking for the stars!  What fun!  While we were trying to spot them for a photo op, Billy Bob walked past us, with 2 police officers, and I quietly said:  Hi, Billy Bob!  He replied:  Hi, honey.  !!!!!!!

After hanging out with the other oglers for a while, we decided that our presence was more important than theirs and the headlines should read:  Bridge Group Spotted at Local Restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment