I had a sense of sadness that there will be nothing more to celebrate! The newlyweds are still glowing and all smiles. The families of both are still thrilled that they found someone special. We so enjoyed the bride's family and I will miss talking to and seeing them as often as we have over the course of the wedding planning. I thought I was over the "down" time after the wedding. But today I have been teary, yet again.
Now I am working on Thanksgiving, as everyone is. But my heart isn't into the decorating like I normally am. This will be the first Thanksgiving without my son. One of many, I am sure. But this is the first. He will be with his wife and her brother's girlfriend's family. However, they will be here Saturday to celebrate our Thanksmas with my sister and her family. This will be the last time all of us will be together for at least a couple of years because my nephew will be joining the Peace Corps.
So, I will decorate the Thanksmas table a little more than for Thanksgiving. And of course will have party favors. This year I am into Pinecones. I will use the party favors to decorate for Thanksgiving, and then some will be used for Thanksmas. Those table decorations will also be their party favors
Each lady will take home the candle holder with the pinecones in the base and matches.

And then of course the place card in the predictable presentation. But hey, it's a pinecone!

No comments:
Post a Comment